Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Darkness

Running through the forest
My bare feet hitting the floor
As fast as I can run
But the darkness closes around

I try to get away
But the branches stop my path
Grabbing at my body
And holding me towards the dark

Closing around me, swallowing me
I disappear into its mouth
And I am forever lost
Forever in the dark

This poem is about a dream I once had where I kept on running and something was chasing me but I did not know what. I ran but I could not get away.

2 comments:

Clement 8P08 said...

Hi Nathan/Peter/i doubt its Vinh
This poem has alot of good imagery which helps me picture the peom. But i think the whole context of the poem is pretty much useless; there is no meaning.

Andrew 8P said...

Hey Nathan, nice poem
I like the use of your adjectives
Very realistic