TACOS
Lettuce and meat sauce
In a soft tortilla wrap
IT’S TACO TIME YA’LL
PUMPKIN SOUP
John was such a droop
He didn’t know anything about food
Until he tried my fabulous pumpkin soup
That soup put him in a good mood
It sent him into a crazy loop
My third poem is about tacos and what they are made up of. I made the poem sound like T.V commercial. I hoped that it would stimulate you and make you hungry. My last line reveals what I am talking about in the first and second lines, tacos. The night I wrote the poem I had eaten spaghetti and while eating I was thinking about my poems. My mind wandered around the subject of the meat sauce, I could not think of a haiku about spaghetti so instead I wrote my poem about tacos. Tacos were the first thing that I thought of that also were made from mince meat. My fourth poem was also inspired by my dinner. I felt sick of writing haikus so I attempted to write a short rhyming poem. I picked up words around me and tried to think of other words that rhymed with them. I finally came across pumpkin soup (which was what I was eating), I found other words that rhymed with soup and wrote this poem.
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Nathan!
Wow! Your poems made me laugh so loudly! I liked how it was a bit crazy,but it might of been too crazy. It was good how you based your poems on very random subjects such like tacos and pumpkin soup. Maybe you should have been more serious while writing this poem. I have one question though, were you alright when you wrote these poems?
Hey Penguin Poets!
I enjoyed reading your poems based on food, it certainly did make me hungry. The Taco poem made me think of the Mexican Taco TV ad. Congratulations on two very well written poems.
Post a Comment